Beautiful in His Time is a participant in multiple affiliate marketing programs. The author of this blog may receive commission for purchases or clicks made through links on this website.
August and the first week of September was really a whirlwind for us. We found ourselves in North Carolina, then back in Texas, through Arkansas and Tennessee on our way to Kentucky, then back through Tennessee on our way back to North Carolina…oh and we went through West Virginia too! Such was our life..I really have no desire to be in our car or see another suitcase any time soon.
It was a good month, with wonderful visits with family, a smooth PCS, inprocessing completed, and we got to see our friends Jon and Audrey married off in a beautiful wedding ceremony.
Now it’s recovery and adjustment time. We’re slowly catching up on rest and now adjusting to Russell’s new work schedule and living in Kentucky. We’ve already had to face some unexpected challenges and the devil is really trying to discourage us. I’ve been dealing with horrid allergies for the past three weeks without fail. I think that my body is starting to adjust to the irritants here in the area, but even still my eyes are so itchy!
Also, the commute to Russell’s office is a little bit longer that we had originally imagined, 20-30 minutes depending on traffic. Russ has already been spending a lot more time on the road, and that’s been causing us both quite a bit of stress. We are going to have to consider changing our schedule a little bit because it’s not very practical for him to come home after PT AND at lunch time every day. We don’t want to spend less time together, but we also don’t want to be run ragged. I know that when I found this house it was my one concern…the length of the commute. We discussed it and said it would be fine, but at times I find myself doubting if we did the right thing…if we were too hasty in our decision.
So through all of this, the travelling, moving, driving, adjusting to allergies, etc, we both feel a little bit like we can’t get our head above water. We’re a little bit discouraged and finding ourselves irritable with one another.
On a lighter note though, we believe we have found a church that God would have us to attend. We are still in the visiting stage but both feel like we know this is where we will end up. We have spent a few hours talking with the pastor and really feel like it’s a place where we will be able to grow and be challenged.
We need your prayers. If you could lift us up in the following:
1) Pray that God will grant good rest and help us to physically recover from the last month.
2) Pray that God will give me relief from these allergies and help me to not have to take any medication.
3) Pray that God will bind the devil and strengthen our faith while we adjust to the commute and help us to know how to best schedule our time so that we would still have time together without excess stress.
4) Pray that God will provide a 2nd vehicle for us that would be inexpensive.
5) Pray that God would lead us in the timing of when to join the church and how quickly to get involved.
6) Pray that God will help Russ as he will be having a heavy workload for a while.
7) Pray that God will strengthen our faith and make us a Godly couple that He can use. It’s our desire but so many times we find ourselves hindered by ourselves, our lack of faith, our petty arguments, etc. God has been good to us, pray that we would remember His goodness and keep a right attitude about all things.